Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Summer

A lot of people don't know, but one of the reasons that I chose a teaching career is that I can get the summers off with pay. I mean lets be realistic, I practically work on average 10 hrs a day five days a week, and in addition occasionally a couple of weekends when there's football games, scouting reports, track meets, saturday school, tutoring, and so forth. Dealing with kids all school year round is a challenge in itself. When I was in college it was almost the same thing because it was non-stop, just working and going to school full time, spending hours of studying and typing research papers. I thought I had a life, but don't get me wrong, even after putting up with all the everyday duties, I still found time to go out and have fun. The Lord provided these opportunities because who knows? I probably would have gone crazy, so when the summer comes around I try to make a especial effort and get out, out of the city, state, and sometimes country serving as a huge relaxation factor or a reward for all my hard work. It's also something to look forward to throughout the year.

I have the opportunity to go to El Paso tomorrow to visit my sister, nephews, aunt, cousins, and so forth. They're excited because it is always fun hanging out. I get the same way when they come and visit me at my house. It's good to have company, especially in a time where there's free time alloted. Also, I would like to make a trip to Los Angeles, even though my brother has to work with no day off during the holidays, my cousin has vacation a week before my arrival, and my friends are leaving the city. I can still go and hang out, go places and just spend time with who is ever available. Which is what I do, but I prefer a designated plan to follow, which I do every year and has been a success.

I have to be completely honest, I need a vacation. I have this time off on my hands, I might as well pursue the mission. Things need to get done here in Texas,but that's what I do all year, and whether I go on vacation or not these things are going to get done. I either take advantage of the break and take a break or continue to work wearing myself out. Even Kobe Bryant would sit out part of the third quarter in a ball game or in the beginning of the fourth in order to come back in the game fresh, ready to finish, and complete the desired result. I'll see you when I get there ;)

No comments: