Sunday, May 20, 2012

Not Afraid

Yeah, It's been a ride...

I guess I had to go to that place to get to this one

Now some of you might still be in that place

If you're trying to get out, just follow me

I'll get you there...

And I just can't keep living this way

So starting today, I'm breaking out of this cage

I'm standing up, Imma face my demons

I'm manning up, Imma hold my ground

I've had enough, now I'm so fed up

Time to put my life back together right now

It was my decision to get clean, I did it for me

Admittedly I probably did it subliminally for you<3

So I could come back a brand new me, you helped see me through

And don't even realize what you did, believe me you

I been through the ringer, but they could do little to the middle finger

I think I got a tear in my eye, I feel like the king of

My world, haters can make like bees with no stingers

And drop dead, no more beef flingers no more drama from now on

I promise to focus solely on handling my responsibilities as a father

So I solemnly swear to always treat this roof, like my daughters

And raise it, you couldn't lift a single shingle on it!

Cause the way I feel, I'm strong enough to go to the club

Or the corner pub, and lift the whole liquor counter up

Cause I'm raising the bar, I'd shoot for the moon

But I'm too busy gazing at stars I feel amazing and I'm

Not afraid to take a stand

Everybody come take my hand

We'll walk this road together, through the storm

Whatever weather, cold or warm

Just lettin' you know that, you're not alone

Holla if you feel like you've been down the same road

"Not Afraid" by Eminem. Although I cut some of the lyrics off, the artist captures a strong feeling from his personal experience to make this a great song. This is an intense song that pumps me up, but I prefer the clean version. Everyone can relate to it. It is not Lakers related, but I randomly had to throw in some pics to describe their current situation in Round 2.

On a side note: Game 5 tomorrow...I still have hope for a Game 7;) just like I did during last year's elimination game when I went to Dallas to watch the Lakers live in Game 4. Never lose hope.

No comments: