Sunday, September 1, 2013

The Dream Continues...


The dream has taken place. I woke up and I became this superstar. Everywhere I go, people knew who I was, yelled my name, took pictures, chatted and sat next to me. This was it. I made it to stardom. Bright lights and shiny cars. People loved and envied me. They kept pulling me. Some of them wanted to use me, others wanted to be used by me. What’s a man do to? I sit here on Earth trying to live a holy life, but this world resists it. This world’s a crazy place, but you’re still beautiful to me, even though you’re one of them. Walking through the same road on a daily basis trying to make some noise. People may say, I’m doing it for the one that got away, but they don’t really know. I left my heart in a place that no one will be able to find. I’m worried that if my amnesia kicks in, I may not be able to find it. I have a plan, that’s why I’m writing this. My objectives have to be on point. I have to do it for the ones that I love because I know they will do it for me. Maybe not right now, but one day when they’re old enough to know who cared and what’s important. There’s not enough loyal people in the world today, but that’s okay. More and more people are robbing me, but little that they know is that they are only robbing themselves. They’ll come back to look for me as if I’m their only hope to save them because after all I work for the Lord, I’m a disciple of His. My God is bigger than any army and I’m bigger than any backstabbing and deceiving snake. I’m an unfinished project. I can’t say that I’ve made it because I haven’t began to go. The best is yet to come, I just have to make the move. This is the most significant year of our lives. Hang on, buckle up, wipe the sweat off your forehead, pull you pants up, flex your muscles, take a deep breath, say your prayers, do your homework, eat your vegetables, and get ready. This is exactly how I pictured it to be. The dream continues…

No comments: