Saturday, March 17, 2012

Spirtual Spring Break

This past weekend I attended my first ever ACTS (Adoration Community Theology and Service) retreat by St. Stephens Catholic Church which was held in Circle 6 Ranch in Stanton, TX. I’ve been to several retreats before which includes SEARCH and several CCW retreats. All of them have been empowering and have added something to the meaning of my faith. I am currently on Spring Break during Lent Season and I could not have asked for a better time to rejuvenate in a sense that will continue to help me grow in this journey. I’ve been praying for my family; my brothers and sisters; nieces and nephews; friends; students; and even co-workers. Lent Season is the time that the most temptation occurs. The evil one is out there seeking the destruction of souls, especially in a time where people are getting closer to God. I’ve been attending mass every day and receiving communion because it is the strongest weapon against the wickedness and traps of the devil.



The number one thing that I’ve learned is that I am not alone anymore. 30 men attended this past retreat and we all became part of a community that comes together as one and works as a support system to hold one another accountable. I have 30 new brothers that are men of God, people I can finally count on. Aside from my brothers and sisters, after my mother was called to Heaven, I never had anybody that was a reliable source to go to in this lonely world. I’ve fought on my own because, thank God, I feel very capable. Let’s be real. We’re going against evil forces, principalities in this unseen spiritual warfare. We need each other, we can’t do it alone. We are part of an army. If you consider yourself a Man or Woman of God, then you are part of this army. We are the Church Militant. God has called us. He didn’t call me when I was twelve, or nineteen, He’s been calling me and all of us all along, and to be more specific since our baptism. I think it’s time we answer His call. Thank you Great King! May Your will be done.

No comments: