Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Lakers = amor, familia y respeto

There are certain kinds of people that are purely driven. I can tell who they are simply by looking at them. I have faced so much criticism for my drive that at times it has alienated me from the majority: the people who are comfortable with second place, the people who hate against me because I am not. You know these kinds of people; they are the ones who fear winning, the jealous ones who envy...” -KB24

I remember I always wanted a tattoo growing up. I think I was influenced by my older brothers who were crazy about them. Every adult who grew up in Los Angeles had a tattoo, so I thought it was the thing to do. Tbch (Facebook game), I always wanted to get a spalding basketball tattoo on my arm with fire and my initials to symbolize my passion for the game, but I never did. My twin brother told me in 2008, "If the Lakers win the championship let's get the Larry O'Brien NBA Trophy tattoo together." I once again refused for my own reasons. Nevertheless, he ended up following through and getting a tattoo the next year when the Lakers finally won the championship, their first of two in a row. This blog was not meant to talk about tattoos, but to hopefully show how personal the Lakers are to me and my family by using the examples of other fans and what this team means to them.

See, I’m not the only crazy one!


There are certain kinds of people that are purely loyal. I can tell who they are simply by looking at them. I have faced so much criticism for my loyalty that at times it has alienated me from the majority here in town: the people who are comfortable with bandwagons, the people who hate against me because I am not. You know these kinds of people; they are the ones who fear losing, the jealous ones who envy championships...” -KB24 (modified)

I’m not a Cowboys fan or necessarily a football fan, but I hope that the Cowboys will soon reach the top of the NFL once again so my fellow Texan comrades, who can probably relate, can experience the joy and glory that loyalty has to offer. Lesson of the day, lesson that I try to literally teach every day of my life: Respect the game! Respect the game, sport, team and even player please, and we won’t have any problems :)

Oh! [in a whispering voice] there’s plenty of room in the Lakers bandwagon, hurry before it gets full in June.

No comments: